What's this?

Irregularly posted tips, gleaned from all over the internet, for beginning and medium level computer and technology users. Feel free to subscribe to get these by email if you wish (below, right). Or,come to this site anytime. We update it about twice a month with new tips and links.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Monday, August 1, 2016

I wish I had Windows 7 (or 8) back....

So, you upgraded (or got upgraded) to Windows 10. 
If you do it within 30 days, you can easily "go back" to your prior operating system.

But, what can you do if 30 days has passed? Now you can't go back. Yet, you're having a hard time coping with those "tile" thingies.

You can't find what you used to find so easily.
You wish you had the "classic" start menu back.

Here's a free program I downloaded and then installed on my laptop (Win 10) that lets me set it up so it looks pretty much like my old Win 7 desktop.

Classic Shell: www.classicshell.net

There are lots of ways to "tweak" Windows 10 to make it more "user friendly" for you. And, using Classic Shell is one that worked for me! 

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment ON TOPIC only. Comments are reviewed before publishing and are deleted if I deem them inappropriate. Thanks.