What's this?

Irregularly posted tips, gleaned from all over the internet, for beginning and medium level computer and technology users. Feel free to subscribe to get these by email if you wish (below, right). Or,come to this site anytime. We update it about twice a month with new tips and links.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Monday, January 23, 2012

"Undo" helps with those "oops!" opportunities


I don’t know about you, but I tend to go through my e-mail messages and then “sort” them. You know, delete it or move it to some folder or another.

When moving messages, I simply drag and drop them into their new location using the folder list. This works perfectly well in Outlook and Outlook Express, as well as with many other email programs.

The problem is that I inevitably drop some into the wrong location.

Usually I realize it right away, but still have to figure out where in the world I "dropped" it, then navigate to a different folder, actually find the message(s) and then put them where they belong.



But wait!

It turns out that I don’t actually have to do all of that in MS Outlook and many other programs.
Unknown to many people, the Undo command works on more than just editing changes.

Next time you find that you’ve dropped in the wrong location simply use Undo. You can use the Undo button; the Edit menu's Undo or, the short cut: Ctrl + Z.

Whatever way you do your undo, you’ll find that the messages you just moved are back where you got them from, just like the whole thing never happened.

Now, if only I could figure out how to do this when trying to cook....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment ON TOPIC only. Comments are reviewed before publishing and are deleted if I deem them inappropriate. Thanks.