What's this?

Irregularly posted tips, gleaned from all over the internet, for beginning and medium level computer and technology users. Feel free to subscribe to get these by email if you wish (below, right). Or,come to this site anytime. We update it about twice a month with new tips and links.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Monday, June 17, 2013

Let's have a meeting...

Did you ever notice that sometimes, it takes more time to set up a meeting than to actually have it?

Have you tried "Doodle" yet? It makes finding a time among a group of many very busy people almost possible!

I only use the free version, but have found it robust enough for my needs. You go to www.doodle.com and you can schedule a meeting by following a relatively clear set of steps on screen.

Then, you can generate a link...and send it out via email to all the people you're trying to invite to find a common time for a meeting.

When they get your email, they click the link, and indicate which of the available times is workable for them.

I particularly like that I can set "yes", "no" or "I can if I have to" options.

The only complaint I have heard when using this with first time recipients of the doodle you send... is that if they forget to click SAVE after they indicate their availability, their entries never get captured.

So, I generally remind them to "Click Save when you are done" in the body of the email when I send them the link.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment ON TOPIC only. Comments are reviewed before publishing and are deleted if I deem them inappropriate. Thanks.