What's this?

Irregularly posted tips, gleaned from all over the internet, for beginning and medium level computer and technology users. Feel free to subscribe to get these by email if you wish (below, right). Or,come to this site anytime. We update it about twice a month with new tips and links.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Make your own e-book?

Well, sort of. This makes a personalized "e-book" from one or more articles in Wikipedia, the online encyclopedia. I did it the last time I had to travel and needed something about my current topic(s) of interest.

http://www.labnol.org/internet/create-wikipedia-ebooks/25491/  This tells you how to make the ebook.

You can create a PDF file (free) and download it to your computer.

Or, if you don't want an e-book, but rather a soft-bound or hard bound compilation on good ol' paper..yes, a real book!... you can pay to have a bound paper book printed.

My 200 page PDF would have made a nice 405 page bound book which would have cost me $24.15 (paper) and another $7.10 would have made it into a hardbound book. Nifty!

Of course, I like free...so I have only used the PDF option. It creates a really nifty, click-able table of contents, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment ON TOPIC only. Comments are reviewed before publishing and are deleted if I deem them inappropriate. Thanks.